Here are some ways to prevent spam from being submitted to a Contact Form 7 form:
- Use reCAPTCHA. reCAPTCHA is a free service from Google that helps protect your website from spam and abuse. When you use reCAPTCHA, visitors to your site will be asked to complete a simple challenge to prove that they are not a robot.
- Use Akismet. Akismet is a popular spam filtering service that can be used with Contact Form 7. Akismet uses a database of spam comments to identify and block spam before it reaches your site.
- Add a honeypot field. A honeypot field is a hidden field that is not visible to human visitors. Spam bots, however, will often try to fill out this field. If a honeypot field is filled out, you can be confident that the submission is from a spam bot and can safely ignore it.
- Set up email verification. When you set up email verification, visitors to your site will be required to click on a link in an email in order to confirm their email address before they can submit a form. This helps to prevent spam bots from submitting forms with fake email addresses.
- Monitor your form submissions. It is important to monitor your form submissions for spam on a regular basis. If you see any suspicious submissions, you can delete them or mark them as spam.
By following these tips, you can help to prevent spam from being submitted to your Contact Form 7 form.