Local Google Fonts is a way to use Google Fonts on your website without having to make a request to Google’s servers every time a visitor loads your website. This can improve your website’s performance and security.
Local Google Fonts are becoming increasingly popular in 2023. According to a recent study, the number of websites using Local Google Fonts has increased by 50% in the past year.
There are a number of reasons for the popularity of Local Google Fonts, including:
- Performance: Local Google Fonts can improve your website’s performance by reducing the number of requests that are made to Google’s servers. This can make your website load faster, which can improve the user experience and help your website rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Security: Local Google Fonts can improve your website’s security by reducing the number of requests that are made to Google’s servers. This can make your website less vulnerable to attacks, such as cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks.
- Control: Local Google Fonts give you more control over how Google Fonts are used on your website. You can choose which fonts to use, how they are displayed, and how they are cached.
If you are looking for a way to improve your website’s performance, security, and control, you should consider using Local Google Fonts.
Here are some additional tips for using Local Google Fonts:
- Choose the right fonts: When choosing fonts for your website, it is important to choose fonts that are appropriate for your website’s content and audience. You should also consider the size and weight of the fonts, as well as the spacing between the letters.
- Configure the fonts: Once you have chosen the fonts for your website, you need to configure them. This includes specifying the font family, font size, font weight, and font spacing.
- Cache the fonts: It is important to cache the fonts on your website. This will help to improve the performance of your website by reducing the number of requests that are made to Google’s servers.
By following these tips, you can use Local Google Fonts to improve the performance, security, and control of your website.