Jekyll is a static site generator that converts Markdown files into static HTML files. It is a popular choice for creating personal websites, blogs, and portfolios. Jekyll has a number of benefits, including:
- Simplicity: Jekyll is a very simple tool to use. It does not require any special knowledge or skills to get started.
- Flexibility: Jekyll is very flexible. You can use it to create any type of static website, from a simple blog to a complex portfolio.
- Speed: Jekyll is very fast. It can generate static websites very quickly.
- Security: Jekyll is very secure. It does not require a database or any other server-side software.
- Cost-effectiveness: Jekyll is very cost-effective. You can host your Jekyll website for free on GitHub Pages.
If you are looking for a simple, flexible, and fast way to create a static website, Jekyll is a great option.
Here are some additional benefits of using Jekyll:
- Version control: Jekyll uses Markdown files, which are easy to version control with Git. This makes it easy to track changes to your website and to revert to previous versions if necessary.
- Community: Jekyll has a large and active community of users and developers. This means that there is plenty of support available if you need help with Jekyll.
- Documentation: Jekyll has excellent documentation that covers everything you need to know to get started with Jekyll.
- Themes: There are many themes available for Jekyll, which can help you to create a professional-looking website without having to write any code.
- Plugins: There are many plugins available for Jekyll, which can add additional features to your website.
Overall, Jekyll is a great choice for anyone who wants to create a simple, fast, and secure static website.