Vue CLI and Vite are both popular tools for building Vue.js applications. But which one should you use? In this article, we’ll compare the two tools and help you decide which one is right for you.
What is Vue CLI?
Vue CLI is a command-line tool that helps you create, develop, and build Vue.js applications. It provides a number of features, including:
- Project scaffolding: Vue CLI can create a new Vue.js project with all the necessary files and folders.
- Development server: Vue CLI starts a development server that allows you to preview your application in real time.
- Build tools: Vue CLI can build your application for production deployment.
What is Vite?
Vite is a new tool that is quickly gaining popularity as a replacement for Vue CLI. It has a number of advantages over Vue CLI, including:
- Faster startup: Vite starts up much faster than Vue CLI, which can be a major advantage when developing large applications.
- Hot module replacement: Vite supports hot module replacement, which means that you can make changes to your code and see the changes reflected in your application without having to restart the development server.
Which one should you use?
Here is a table that summarizes the key differences between Vue CLI and Vite:
|Hot module replacement
|Overall ease of use
Ultimately, the best way to decide which tool is right for you is to try them both and see which one you prefer.